Toray are a multinational corporation based in Japan, recognised as one of the world’s leading materials manufacturers.
Known for their innovation and development capabilities, they produce a diverse range of materials and products suited to a variety of industries and sporting activities.
One of the many products created by Toray is ‘Airtastic’ – designed for those who thrive in the outdoors. It’s built to enhance your adventures, whatever the environment throws at you. It’s a lightweight, durable, windproof fabric that embraces your passion for the outdoors and elevates it to a higher level.
We needed to strategically establish the overarching Airtastic proposition and supporting values, before then defining individual product propositions and building the brand from the ground up in support of our new strategic foundations.
From here, we needed to create a new brand identity, a global campaign and a comprehensive set of marketing materials to enhance and leverage B2B relationships and end consumer understanding.
Having worked with various members of Toray’s team across both Asia and Europe for the past 12 months, the final list of deliverables was extensive. This included:
- A series of online workshops to establish the brand and product propositions, values and overarching messaging framework.
- A comprehensive copy bank to inform future B2C and B2B facing communications.
- An innovative studio photoshoot to highlight the lightweight characteristics of the material.
- Creation of a new brand identity and supporting visual identity guidelines.
- Strategic design and creation of a suite of swing tags for both the main Airtastic brand and its sub-brands.
- Conceptualisation and strategic execution of the ‘Enlighten Yourself’ campaign, including asset creation and supporting guidelines.
- A new brand video to bring our ‘Enlighten Yourself’ campaign to life.
- A new sell in tool to assist with internal communications and external brand education.
”Brandwave were able to draw out our emotive feelings for Airtastic and embody them into a wonderful brand. I am very happy that we could work together again this time.Yuki KanekoGeneral Manager, Textile Trading Department, Toray Industries Inc